Star Wars: Iron Division
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Weekly Update

Go down 
+2
Eörlingas
Imperialist
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Aang2001
Gnome
Aang2001

The Weekly Update - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Update   The Weekly Update - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 11:10 am

We don't hate you. We're just working really hard, and forgot to reply. I'll try to reply when I feel I should though.
Back to top Go down
Imperialist
Cobralalalalalalalala!
Imperialist

PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Update   The Weekly Update - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 8:33 am

Weekly Update Four

The updates strike back... Bwahaha puns.

I am also fairly certain I forgot a few things, will add later.

Poll
I realized what was wrong with the poll... I moved it to a different area, now you can post and vote!

Faster-Than-Light Travel
Well, we already know Star Wars works with FTL by means of a Hyperdrive. But how will we represent the passage of time in the RP? Will it be instant? The main idea that came up with the staff discussion was that for each hour of time, the player (or crew members) must post. And that to retain strategic depth, anything larger than a transport (corvettes, star destroyers, military ships in essence) will require time, not posts. It's to preserve the usefulness of fast-reaction groups and interceptions.

Galactic HoloNet
No one has given me any feedback at all. Is it good, bad? What could make it better? I want to make it with multiple opinions rather than just mine.

Random Events by means of Die
Basically in certain situations (Going FTL is one of them), you roll a die and a random event can happen. This automates the random event system, not requiring a staffer to randomly appear, but only appear when the die-roll deems necessary. Things like plotting errors (appearing on an unknown planet, and not knowing where you are. You can't just jump back home, routes exist for a reason, to avoid hazards. A random jump home will be a good way to end your character.), pirate-ambush, etc..
Back to top Go down
https://starwarsirondivision.forumotion.net
Eörlingas
The Eörlinger
Eörlingas

PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Update   The Weekly Update - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 5:55 pm

"Faster-Than-Light Travel
Well, we already know Star Wars works with FTL by means of a Hyperdrive. But how will we represent the passage of time in the RP? Will it be instant? The main idea that came up with the staff discussion was that for each hour of time, the player (or crew members) must post. And that to retain strategic depth, anything larger than a transport (corvettes, star destroyers, military ships in essence) will require time, not posts. It's to preserve the usefulness of fast-reaction groups and interceptions. "

I'd just come up with a map, and for every square, you have a set amount of time to get from one end of the square to the other. There's also "Trade Routes" which are better explored areas, thus travel is quicker among those.

"Galactic HoloNet
No one has given me any feedback at all. Is it good, bad? What could make it better? I want to make it with multiple opinions rather than just mine."

I really don't know. Just don't over complicate it. But compartmentalization is key!

"Random Events by means of Die
Basically in certain situations (Going FTL is one of them), you roll a die and a random event can happen. This automates the random event system, not requiring a staffer to randomly appear, but only appear when the die-roll deems necessary. Things like plotting errors (appearing on an unknown planet, and not knowing where you are. You can't just jump back home, routes exist for a reason, to avoid hazards. A random jump home will be a good way to end your character.), pirate-ambush, etc.."

I don't like random stuff. Especially in normal situations. Normal situations shouldn't warrant death.
Back to top Go down
Bosk
That useless British guy
Bosk

PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Update   The Weekly Update - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 8:31 pm

The Weekly Update - Page 2 Dfs98df7sd1

This just about sums up how I feels about this.
Back to top Go down
Bosk
That useless British guy
Bosk

PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Update   The Weekly Update - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 12:29 pm

The Weekly Update - Page 2 Tumbleweed-gif-gif

A wild tumbleweed appeared!
Back to top Go down
Aang2001
Gnome
Aang2001

PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Update   The Weekly Update - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 12:32 pm

I see your tumbleweed, and raise you a plane crash.

The Weekly Update - Page 2 Plane-crash-o
Back to top Go down
Bosk
That useless British guy
Bosk

PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Update   The Weekly Update - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 11:54 am

Considering September was quite some time ago now, I would recommend changing the announcement to not look like we're totally inactive. Even though we are very much inactive, that's not the point. I'd do it myself, but for some reason Nuch decided to remove me from Admin for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Eörlingas
The Eörlinger
Eörlingas

PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Update   The Weekly Update - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 1:47 pm

I second this motion.

Anyways, guys, I've been a part of another star wars forum rpg... But as of late, it's population has been leaving due to lackluster activity. I have been given administration of it, and I'm going to give it new life.

So, by Feb. 1st, I'd hope to get that up and running again and hopefully some of you can join us there!

I know it's a while until Feb 1st, but really, I'm the only Admin left.
Back to top Go down
Bosk
That useless British guy
Bosk

PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Update   The Weekly Update - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 5:26 pm

Care to link to the site?
Back to top Go down
Eörlingas
The Eörlinger
Eörlingas

PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Update   The Weekly Update - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 10:59 pm

thegatheringhole.freeforums.org

You can come in, take a look, but you wont be able to do anything right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Update   The Weekly Update - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Weekly Update
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2