Star Wars: Iron Division
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Weekly Update

Go down 
+2
Eörlingas
Imperialist
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Imperialist
Cobralalalalalalalala!
Imperialist

The Weekly Update Empty
PostSubject: The Weekly Update   The Weekly Update EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 4:27 am

The Weekly Update

Weekly Updates:

Last edited by Imperialist on Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:00 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://starwarsirondivision.forumotion.net
Imperialist
Cobralalalalalalalala!
Imperialist

The Weekly Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Update   The Weekly Update EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 4:49 am

Weekly Update One

I probably forgot some things, but I'll add them later when I remember.

Alternative Dating System
Cause ABY and BBY doesn't make sense if you're the Empire, or before the battle of Yavin. I, myself have proposed the Republican Dating System. Year of the Republic. It was founded in 25,053BBY, so the Battle of Yavin, would be the 25,053nd Year of the Republic, or simply 2,5053YR. After Republic Founding and Before Republic Founding are also used in this system. Anyone have comments, or alternative dating systems of their own?

Diabolical Plotting
All sites need one, what is a RPG without a plot? USW, harhar. But really, we need a central plot this time around. So we the staff have been throwing around several ideas, here are the ideas summarized.

Old Republic: Basically we revert to the Old Republic era. Whether that's the Mandalorian Wars, the Jedi Civil War, or even the Great Hyperspace War is undecided. Potentially we could go on a round of successive plots, given the quick succession of some of these wars. Prevent them, prematurely start them, or even alter their outcome? I dunno, but I like the sound of being able to do these things and affect the galaxy. So few games feel like you change anything.

Imperial Warlords: Now this is where the site's name came from, Iron Division. The idea was that each player controlled a Warlordship (What the player called it, was their choice. Duchy, kingdom, whatever.) in the Outer Rim, and the game was set exclusively in the Outer Rim. This was set Post-Galactic Civil War, during the Empire's downfall. How this would advance, wasn't eve truly decided on. Would we entice players to grow larger, taking risky colonization projects and make it a player-decided (Conspiracies against each other, wars, etc..) plot? Or would we have external threats (Such as Grand Admiral Thrawn appearing, wishing to unite the Outer Rim into his Empire, without the warlords attached!)?

Imperial Knight Coup: Cause I can't think of a good name for this, it's a very basic idea. Basically, at one point or another, at any time in the Legacy Era during the Imperial Remnants, the Imperial Knights stage a coup. What for? I dunno, it wasn't explained past that. Are the Imperial Knights fueled by lust of power, making the Imperial Remnant into the Sith Remnant? I have no idea.

Galactic HoloNet Use
How should this be treated? As a galactic communicator, a galactic market place? Or even as a Star Wars internet, functioning as both and more?

Player Death
Hey, it happens, whether intentional or unintentional. But how will we handle such encounters? Should players be able to die from NPCs, traps, and just plain old bad luck? Should it only be for player on player combat, and bad encounters with NPCs leaving them badly wounded? Should it only be with the player's consent, even in player on player combat? Now this, I myself support the very last, unless in very strenuous circumstances where the player is obviously dead, you know? It's not like people can't be resuscitated anyways, it happens in Star Wars. I'm serious too, just look up some of that wacky medical technology! Cyborgs galore!

Statistics
Well, statistics. Not die rolling, but just stats. What me and Aang were thinking was making a simple statistics system for weapons, armour, starships, etc.. These are purely for reference, and to give a sense of specialization between different equipment. They are purely for reference, there is always a chance a civilian with a pistol can gun down that soldier with the rifle! Unlikely, but that's the glory of role playing![/u][/u]
Back to top Go down
Imperialist
Cobralalalalalalalala!
Imperialist

The Weekly Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Update   The Weekly Update EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 1:18 am

So uhh, no commenst?
Back to top Go down
Eörlingas
The Eörlinger
Eörlingas

The Weekly Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Update   The Weekly Update EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 10:36 am

I'm not too excited about big numbers like 25K... Maybe pick a better reference point?

PLOTSSSSSS
Imperial Warlord era is interesting... I'd go for that.
But the Great Hyperspace War is VERY interesting.

Galactic Holonet
The Holonet is the equivalent of our Internet, and there are separate "Comm-frequencies" that players will use to contact one another.

Player Death
Don't make it something that has very high odds of happening. Say, if I were to just walk down a nice little street with shops in Naboo, I wouldn't expect to be killed by a belligerent man, right?

BUT walking into a dangerous nightclub in Coruscant; that's different. The player will know what he is getting himself into. Be prepared!

PvP is fair game, but NO GODMODDING. I know it when I see it. (Make me a god-modder moderator, NOTHING will get past me.)

STATS
Yes, stats are a must; but keep it simple.
Example:

E-11 Standard Imperial Blaster Rifle
Weight: 4.5 kg
Length: 1.5 m
Fire rate: 2 shots per second
Firing Capacity: 3 minutes of continuous firing.
Damage:
3 points damage at standard range (15 m)
1 pt dmg at long rang (30 m)
5 pt dmg at short range (~5m) (NON VITAL)
Instant Kill at short range hitting vitals.
Instant Kill at close quarters (>1 m)

Stuff like that. I can help with setting that stuff up too.
Back to top Go down
Imperialist
Cobralalalalalalalala!
Imperialist

The Weekly Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Update   The Weekly Update EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 11:32 pm

Jörun Corda wrote:
I'm not too excited about big numbers like 25K... Maybe pick a better reference point?

PLOTSSSSSS
Imperial Warlord era is interesting... I'd go for that.
But the Great Hyperspace War is VERY interesting.

Galactic Holonet
The Holonet is the equivalent of our Internet, and there are separate "Comm-frequencies" that players will use to contact one another.

Player Death
Don't make it something that has very high odds of happening. Say, if I were to just walk down a nice little street with shops in Naboo, I wouldn't expect to be killed by a belligerent man, right?

BUT walking into a dangerous nightclub in Coruscant; that's different. The player will know what he is getting himself into. Be prepared!

PvP is fair game, but NO GODMODDING. I know it when I see it. (Make me a god-modder moderator, NOTHING will get past me.)

STATS
Yes, stats are a must; but keep it simple.
Example:

E-11 Standard Imperial Blaster Rifle
Weight: 4.5 kg
Length: 1.5 m
Fire rate: 2 shots per second
Firing Capacity: 3 minutes of continuous firing.
Damage:
3 points damage at standard range (15 m)
1 pt dmg at long rang (30 m)
5 pt dmg at short range (~5m) (NON VITAL)
Instant Kill at short range hitting vitals.
Instant Kill at close quarters (>1 m)

Stuff like that. I can help with setting that stuff up too.
Imperial Reformation (IR), based on the reformation into the Galactic Empire?

Diabolical Plots
Yeah, I liked the Imperial Warlord idea myself. The Great Hyperspace War is good because there's not a lot about it, we have a lot of room while still being sort of canon. Why is it called the Great Hyperspace War, anyways?

Galactic HoloNet
Comm frequencies being threads, right?

Player Death
Well, yeah, Naboo isn't some sort of lawless hellhole. The worst belligerent you'd probably encounter is the drunkard in the cantina looking for a brawl. I don't think nightclubs are usually dangerous places, that'd be odd IMO. And yeah, I agree about PVP, when I see it happen it's usually with the goal of the other party being dead or dying. About that actually, we could open a dispute forum about it or leave it to a OOC thread with the same name as the RP.

Statistics
We could actually do a system of short/medium/long range for damage, I'm going to do it for grenades anyways. With range then being divided into short/medium/long.

BlasTech E-11 Military Issue Blaster Rifle
Type: Blaster Rifle
Ammunition: 100
Range: 30/100/300 Meters
Damage: 22/22/27 Energy
Cost: 1,000-Credits

My idea is that damage is divided into Energy, Physical, and Ion. I am working with Aang and hopefully Bossk soon, as dropbox is being a bitch for me. The idea is that armour is also divided into these protections, for different situations.
Back to top Go down
Imperialist
Cobralalalalalalalala!
Imperialist

The Weekly Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Update   The Weekly Update EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 11:36 pm

Huh, I just realized something.

Physical could be a problem, as swords and bullets would be in the same category. Meaning a knight's plate armour would deflect bullets....

Physical for melee and Kinetic for ranged?
Back to top Go down
Aang2001
Gnome
Aang2001

The Weekly Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Update   The Weekly Update EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 2:51 pm

We did talk aboout this nuch. You just forgot. We decided exactly that, except "Melee" and "Kinetic" not Physical and Kinetic.
Back to top Go down
danielthode

The Weekly Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Update   The Weekly Update EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 5:01 pm

I agree with a lot of the stuff mentioned above however

I really do not like the whole stats thing.
To me it just seem to make everything extra complicated and it's not really necessary
Sure there might be some god mode stuff but if we start with the stats we start to lose the rp and it starts turning into a text based mmo or something and i don't know.. I just don't like it, it seems weird
Back to top Go down
Imperialist
Cobralalalalalalalala!
Imperialist

The Weekly Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Update   The Weekly Update EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 9:44 pm

Aang2001 wrote:
We did talk aboout this nuch. You just forgot. We decided exactly that, except "Melee" and "Kinetic" not Physical and Kinetic.
Well that doesn't make sense either, cause some melee weapons are energy-based, like Lightsabers.
Back to top Go down
Aang2001
Gnome
Aang2001

The Weekly Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Update   The Weekly Update EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 12:18 pm

It's still melee.
Back to top Go down
Imperialist
Cobralalalalalalalala!
Imperialist

The Weekly Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Update   The Weekly Update EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 7:34 am

Weekly Update Two

This one is small, well, sort of. I waited an extra day to see if anything popped up. I'll also be working on the HoloNet, so depending on how long it takes it'll either be in this week or next week's update.

Player Combat
This was extended off of player death from the previous update. The idea is that it's all role-played, and that's probably what's going to happen.

NPC Combat
This one was a bit trickier, it's NPC(s) vs. PC(s). It kept getting thrown around as either stat-based, or again all role-play. This one goes up to skirmish-level sizes, with platoons and such, imagine around fifty people. I may have needed to use company instead, bah numbers.

Mass NPC Combat
Now these are the big ones! Mass NPC Combat, armies fighting armies! Obviously, role-playing would be very tedious and take a long time due to the sheer amount of numbers involves. Wars can be fought on multiple fronts, and it's hard to generate a map for each single encounter. But it's not impossible. Of course this would matter most if we did the Warlords idea, otherwise it would be in staff control, due to the difficulty of getting faction leader in other plot lines.
Back to top Go down
Eörlingas
The Eörlinger
Eörlingas

The Weekly Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Update   The Weekly Update EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 7:09 pm

I'm a numbers guy. I can do it.
Back to top Go down
Imperialist
Cobralalalalalalalala!
Imperialist

The Weekly Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Update   The Weekly Update EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 3:53 am

Y'all have to wait for next week to have an update. Sorry.

Just don't want to post an exceptionally vague update.
Back to top Go down
Fel

The Weekly Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Update   The Weekly Update EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 12:30 am

Yes? No.
Back to top Go down
Eörlingas
The Eörlinger
Eörlingas

The Weekly Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Update   The Weekly Update EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 1:04 pm

How's it coming?
Need my number smashing skills?

(And I like that: The Eörlinger)
Back to top Go down
Imperialist
Cobralalalalalalalala!
Imperialist

The Weekly Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Update   The Weekly Update EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 9:57 pm

Weekly Update Three

Monday and Tuesday I was doing something? Wednesday? Fuck if I know.

To Dice or Not To Dice
Well this briefly popped up and I wanted to get player opinion. Should we be pure RP or have dice help us like a table-top RPG?

Mass NPCs
This is for if we do go back to Imperial Warlords and such, or allow faction ruling. How would NPCs be organized? Into regiments, brigades, what? The consensus right now is either to have it by infantry squads or regiments. With navies being organized into squadrons and flotillas.

Miniature Adventure
Well the idea for this one was that along with the main-plot, the staff would help players go along their character development. By creating miniature adventures within the grand adventure of the main plot.

Last edited by Imperialist on Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Imperialist
Cobralalalalalalalala!
Imperialist

The Weekly Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Update   The Weekly Update EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 9:58 pm

I am VERY sorry for the insubstantial weekly update, just a lot of stuff going on RL currently. It'll pass over within this week, probably.

Also some good news, I will be publicly working on the Galactic HoloNet starting tonight. I'll make another thread for it when I start.
Back to top Go down
Eörlingas
The Eörlinger
Eörlingas

The Weekly Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Update   The Weekly Update EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 8:36 am

Dice? In some cases.
Such as PvP/Player Death, dealing with special items.
You say "Pick a 30 number range out of 0-100."
The guy picks 20-50.
You roll a 100 face die, and it comes up 34, the guy gets his way (situation wise).
If it came up 1-19 or 51-100, he loses, and things don't go his way. (I play in another RP, and this is the way they do it.

Mass NPCs.
Organise them how you please, but have the total force in one thread. List the sub-units of such a force, and specify their designations. i.e.

OMEGA TASK FORCE
Aurora Squad
Nebula Squad
Iroa Squad
Polyis Squad.

(A separate RP post)
Nebula Squad: Capt so-and-so went somwhere and did something or the other, and his squad did that, etc etc.

Adventures? Definitely!
Back to top Go down
danielthode

The Weekly Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Update   The Weekly Update EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 9:31 am

Dice:

I don't really like the Dice idea as I'm more into pure rp also consider that lets say I have a character who I have been playing for 6 months and he's considered a veteran jedi knight then a newly recruited soldier attacks me. It's his first fight but he's lucky to roll higher than me almost everytime we roll. That wouldn't make much sense and also in my eyes be quite un rpish.

The Mass Npcs thing I don't really have anything to say about as I don't really care..
Back to top Go down
Aang2001
Gnome
Aang2001

The Weekly Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Update   The Weekly Update EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 1:16 pm

I think dice is a good idea, because it adds a random element, and makes players realize "Oh shit, I can't just steamroll everybody?!"

However, having it become too dice based may be a bad thing, but I dunno.
Back to top Go down
Fel

The Weekly Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Update   The Weekly Update EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 6:10 pm

Dice makes it a little less creative, more bound to restriction. Not a fan.
Back to top Go down
Eörlingas
The Eörlinger
Eörlingas

The Weekly Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Update   The Weekly Update EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 9:09 am

So... Veteran Jedi Master vs You (Average Experience)

Roll a d100. The set ranges are:
1-10 You retreat
11-40 You are gravely injured
41- You kill the Jedi
42-45 You are able to fend off the Jedi
46-90 You are killed by the Jedi
91-100 Nothing happens at this point.

OR You vs a crackhead clone

1-30 You maim the clone
31-40 The clone maims you
41-70 You kill the clone
71-75 The clone kills you
76-90 You gravely wound the clone
91-100 The clone gravely wounds you
Back to top Go down
Fel

The Weekly Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Update   The Weekly Update EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 9:13 pm

WELL ITS NICE TO SEE YOU GUYS TOO.
Back to top Go down
Eörlingas
The Eörlinger
Eörlingas

The Weekly Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Update   The Weekly Update EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 11:45 pm

Hi?
Back to top Go down
Fel

The Weekly Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Update   The Weekly Update EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 12:15 am

Laufey and everyone hates me. :Sobs:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Weekly Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Update   The Weekly Update Empty

Back to top Go down

The Weekly Update
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next